Sunday, June 10

Day One: Church

Wow, I didn't realize how hard it would be to take two little ones to church.  About half way through sacrament I couldn't help but wonder why I even went.  At least if I were at home the kids would play with their toys and stay out of trouble.  At least they wouldn't be running around screaming.  I know people were staring at me but I was to tired to even care.   I finally found a little room that we had to ourselves and we just played in there until sacrament was over.  I think the primary president felt sorry for me because she let me drop off Josie at the nursery.  It wasn't her first time attending.  Zech was a nursery leader in our old ward so she would go in with him.  I sure was grateful they allowed her to go though.  It was nice to be able to attend the  rest of my classes childless.  Next week is stake conference, not sure how well that is going to go.

After church I did hear from my Zechary, so that turned my day around.  He is an officer so they aren't taking his cell phone or lap top away.  I will get to talk with him every night after six pm.  With that being said, if you call me at 6:15 and I don't answer, do not call me again.  I will most likely be on the phone with the love of my life and your call can wait until I am done.  Anyway... Zechary made it and is all checked in.  He seems to think he is going to loose a lot of weight because it's so hot there.  He likes it and is dreaming of doing his residency there already.  All it took was seeing a palm tree.

Day one is almost gone and we have survived.  I will admit I was a little worried.  I kept thinking how am I supposed to take care of everyone when I am so tired that I can hardly take care of myself.  But luckily I have Lisa here and the kids love her.  Maybe even a little to much!  I am looking forward to crossing this day off my calendar!

1 comment:

  1. You are amazing, Emiley! The Lord will bless you for going to church and don't let any looks keep you away. Your kids will remember that you were consistent even if they don't remember the talks (which at this age would be miraculous if they did anyway). I wish I could be there to help you with the kids! I miss you all so much!

    ReplyDelete