Saturday, August 13

We have arrived!

Wow it has been forever since I updated this thing! To give me credit...I have got on a couple of times and tried to upload pictures but my images were to large and I haven't had the time to change the sizes. A lot has happened since I last posted. Josie is six months old now...I think she was about 3 weeks last post. Elai talks so much, his new favorite saying is "No Way." He is so much fun! We have moved and Zech is starting medical school on Monday. I have started a photography business, which I am really excited about! Other then that we were just relaxing in Montana for the summer. But it's about time for us to get back to the real world now.


We have been in Urbana for a little over a week now. Things are finally starting to come together. We are unpacked, for the most part. We were able to attend church last Sunday and LOVE the new ward. Everyone is really friendly. I was a little worried coming out here that it would be hard for me to meet people since I stay home with the kids but I have met so many people. Elai loves our new apartment. We have four neighbor kids that he gets to play with. I am already feeling sad that we have to leave next summer. You see Zech's first year of medical school is in Urbana, but this second through fourth are in Rockford. Oh well we will worry about that later, but in the mean time we are going to enjoy our time here.


Our trip over took 4 days, we actually had planned for 5 but were able to drive longer one day. Surprisingly it wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be. We drove about 6 hours a day and made stops about every 2 hours for the kids.




Elai loved it when we stoped. He would run to the back of the car and sit on the tailgate. He thought it was really cool.




Elai drove with his daddy in the "Big Truck" while Josie and I followed behind in our car.



We saw a few things along the way...like hay rolls in the middle of the interstate (and I thought Montana people were rednecks)



And as we passed through Iowa were went right through the Missouri River flooding. It was crazy. I have never experienced sand walls on the interstate. We also stoped in Rapid City and took a trip to Mount Rushmore, but more on that to come.


But we are here now and enjoying our new home. And we are really excited for this new chapter in our lives.







2 comments:

  1. So happy that you like it there!!! although we miss you guys lots! We love ya though :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We wanna see MT Rushmore pics!

    ReplyDelete