Sunday, June 24

Days 14 & 15

Fifteen days!  That is how long Zech has been gone.  Wow I can't begin to explain how hard yet rewarding this experience has been.  I miss him so much.  I still can't believe I have made it fifteen days.  We have been trying to find ways to keep ourselves busy. 

Yesterday we found the mall.  Of course the first thing Elai noticed when we walked in was the train.  Now I know not to park between Sears and Macy's.  But seriously he is so cute, how could I say no?

Elai riding the train at the mall
The purpose of going to the mall was that my feet are so swollen I can't seem to wear any of my shoes. Not even one pair!  Apparently your feet swell a lot more when your pregnant in the summer.  Or that at least seems to be my case.  Probably from all the water I have been drinking.  With that being said, this next photo is what happens when you let a pregnant women with swollen feet go shoe shopping.  


We were all very tired after shopping.  Lisa tends to get silly when she is tired.

<3 this girl!
After not being very productive the first half of the day, Lisa convinced me that we should get something done so we started working on freezer meals for when the new baby gets here.  


So far we have tatertot casserole, lasagna, and quesadilla casserole. On the agenda for tomorrow is shepherd's pie, enchiladas, and meat loaf cakes.  Here we are assembling the quesadilla casserole.






So that was the end of day 14.  Today we had church.  Lisa slept in and went to the YSA branch so it was just the kiddos and I.  Today was the best Sunday thus far.  Josie decided to give her mom a break and slept all through sacrament.  Other then that nothing exciting happened.  Just the usual, Sunday nap, dinner, and playing with the kids.  

On another note, Elai loves watering the garden.  He thinks it is a special treat to go out with me and water the plants.  Here is what our garden looks like these days.  Not to shabby for a late start if I do say so myself.





3 comments:

  1. Your garden looks GREAT! Elai is too cute! the enchilada dinner must be yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree - your garden looks fabulous. That big ole pepper looks like it is ready to be eaten.

    Miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your garden are beautiful, the green pepper seems so cute!

    ReplyDelete