Friday, November 25

Saint Louis

Zech has had this entire week off from school.  This only comes around....well let me think....NEVER.  So we decided we were going to take advantage of it and drive to Saint Louis so we could go to the temple.  On the way there, we drove through Springfield so that we could get our military id cards.  Of course no stop in Springfield would be complete without a trip to...
 The Abraham Lincoln tomb.  It is such a beautiful monument. 

 We loved learning little details about Abraham's life. 
 After the monument we proceeded to Saint Louis where we...
 Got to go on a carriage ride tour of down town.  It was so beautiful, there were Christmas lights all over downtown.
Elai loved the horse.  He talked about it all night.  After the tour we were lucky enough to have dinner with an old friend from Pocatello who now lives in Saint Louis.

Note to Everyone: EATING AT DAVE AND TONY'S BURGERS IS A MUST IF YOU ARE IN SAINT LOUIS.  Best burger I have ever had.


1 comment:

  1. oh my goodness I LOVE the carriage ride photos!!! I had never heard of Lincoln's tomb- something I would definitely stop to see if I were in the area! I bet Elai will remember that night for a long while!!! How sweet :D

    ReplyDelete