Monday, December 20

Struggles

(Houston, Tx LDS Temple)
Lately I have been really struggling with all of the Equal Rights stuff going on with Gays. Normally when it comes to controversial issues, I'm not the type of person to speak out. As I have learned over the years that some people are pig headed and it's just not worth the fight. However on this issue I cannot just stand back and say nothing. Growing up I was taught by my wonderful mother not to judge others. This has been a difficult task for me. She lead by example and excepted all, no matter the color of their skin, religious or sexual beliefs. I always tried hard to follow her example. Now we are at a time in this life where the government of our country is basically saying it's okay to be gay. This truly breaks my heart. As I think of Elai growing up in a country that takes away from what we believe it makes me sick to my stomach. So after hearing about these "Equal Rights" there is one thing this has taught me. I now have such a stronger testimony in Eternal Families. That marriage is really meant to be between a man and a woman. I am so thankful to be sealed to my husband and our children from time and all eternity. Though I don't look down on people who choose another path, I will not pretend that it is okay. I love my family and my savior Jesus Christ. I look forward to living with my Father in Heaven again. Until then, I will try my best to teach my family the principles of the gospel.

2 comments:

  1. your blog is so cute!

    Love the sinner hate the sin...so catchy to say, but so TOUGH to do it!!!

    When I deal with gays I just remember MY sin, is no different, there are no lesser sins, and God doesn't choose favorites, but when it comes to the government making decisions that I know will hurt our nation as a whole--I cringe and freak out inside too!!!

    Thankfully, we have a God that is much bigger than America, Obama, and SIN. I can't wait to be fully in HIS presence!

    ReplyDelete