Tuesday, August 28

Take Shape For Life

Some of you may not know this about me but for some time I have been struggling with the way I feel about myself.  This mostly has to do with my weight.  You see growing up I never had to worry about my weight.  In fact I had a pretty bad attitude towards people who complained about being over weight.    I could eat whatever I wanted.  It wasn't until I had Elai that I realized I had to really work to loose weight and keep it off.  However that didn't happen, the keeping it off part.  Next thing I knew here was Josie and another 20lbs.  Well I got motivated after having Josie and lost the weight very quickly.  But only to gain it back, plus some.  It embarrasses me to say that when I found out I was pregnant with Miles, I actually weighed more then when I had Josie.  

As my pregnancy was nearing an end, I knew I needed to do something about my weight.  Not only was I sickened by how heavy I am but also about how I felt as a whole.  My knees hurt if I walked to long, I ran out of breathe quickly and don't even get me started on my failed hiking attempt.  So here I was pondering what I could do to not only loose weight but to get healthy.  Well I figured it out!

Yesterday was a very exciting day for me, I started the Take Shape For Life program.  It is a weight loss program that not only helps you loose weight but also teaches you to live a healthier life style.  They have a special program for nursing moms so I was able to start right away.  The best part about this program is that you get a free life coach.  Even better is that my life coach is one of my very best friends.  I am super excited to start this journey especially since I have the support of my dear friend.  

Currently I am on day two and I feel great.  I have been eating properly and I can definitely tell a difference already.  I don't feel as weighted down by the food that I eat.  Though I don't love all the food, I don't hate it either.  I just had to learn to think out side of the box when meal planning for the week.  I am so excited and can't wait for my weigh in next Monday.

1 comment:

  1. That's awesome Emiley. Way to set goals and go for it. Even though you are already beautiful, I wish you much success.

    ReplyDelete