Thursday, February 9

One of those days!

Today has been "one of those days."  You know the one that starts and nothing seems to go right.  Yep one of those.  I woke up this morning to a horrible headache that has been making it's appearance  every couple of days for the last three days.  The headache that makes you just wish you could go back to sleep or at least stay in bed all day.  Yes, that is how my day started off.  Next Elai woke up with the flu.  Yay  me, NOT.  I guess these sicknesses didn't realize I had things to do today.  So we canceled our plans and decided it would be an at home kind of day.  So it continued...

Well my day may have started out horrible but things sure changed quickly.  I realized I am supposed to be cooking a meal for a couple in our ward.  Well I couldn't possibly think of what I could make without having to leave the house and go to the store it finally hit me.  I would make some soup and some home made bread to go along with it.  My friend Bryton gave me a new wheat bread recipe that I am dying to try, so there it is I had my meal.  

I go and put Josie down for her morning nap and go into the kitchen to get started.  That's when I notice I have a little tag along.  So we get started.  Next thing we know Elai and I are dancing and laughing all around the kitchen.  It's moments like these that make be truly grateful to be able to stay at home with my children.  I mix up the bread and turn to Elai to find this...



I couldn't help but laugh.  I mean look how cute he is.  This little boy sure makes me smile.  How could I be mad?  I knew exactly what I had to do, start a flour fight.  And it was awesome!  

What started out a bad morning with a sick little boy has turned into a day of memories we will forever enjoy!
It's moments like this that make me stop and wonder why I am so blessed?  How did Heavenly Father know to send me this little boy??  How did he know that I needed Elai so much?

I love our moments like this and I can only pray that there will be many more to come. 

1 comment:

  1. You are such a wonderful mother that blesses her family so much!

    LOVE this!

    ReplyDelete