Friday, November 18

Truly Thankful

Today  I ran across a disturbing video of a drug intervention. 
It broke my heart to watch it.
It broke my heart even more to know that I too put my family through that.
It made me think of all the "could have beens."
And it made me thankful.
Thankful for sobriety.
Thankful for the disturbing image that changed my life forever.
Thankful that I have been true to the promises I made myself.
Thankful that I don't have the urge to use or drink.
Thankful that it has now been over seven years since I used drugs.
Thankful that it has been 5 years since I have had a drink. 


2 comments:

  1. you are so awesome!!! I had no idea!!! I love you and your honesty AND what The Lord has done in your life :D I know that had the Lord not intervened in my life drinking would have become an issue reallly soon as I was beginning to head that way :/!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Emiley, I love you for the girl you were even then when you hated me and I truly love you for the woman, wife and mother you have become. You are always in my heart! Love Mom

    ReplyDelete