Monday, March 15

Elai's First Birthday!

Saturday started bright and early for us. Elai decided to start his birthday celebration at 6am. Since I had just about everything ready for his party we sat and read books until about 8am when he decided to go back to bed. We had some of our close friends (with the exception of the Rankins) come over at 1pm for our first bbq of the year, in the snow. It turned out great! Here are some photos from the party.
Elai loved his cupcake. He was very upset when it was all gone.

Everyone was calling him the "HULK" and he almost wore the hulk costume to church on Sunday because the green frosting died his skin.


This is my first cake from scratch. Thanks to Martha Stewart and my friend Karlee, I was able to pull it off.

Elai loves Old McDonald, so in light of that we had an Old McDonald birthday. We decorated with pom poms, animals and Elai's favorite-tractors!
Now that it's over and I have time to breathe I can't believe that my baby is one. Just one year ago I held Elai for the first time. I love being his mom and I am grateful to my Heavenly Father for giving me the opportunity to be a mother.



3 comments:

  1. cute pictures and your cake looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Grandpa says he wants a tractor too! But he'll skip the green skin

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awe! I love the green frosting monster! So wish that we could be there!!!! Maeli misses elai!

    ReplyDelete