Tuesday, December 29

Two Years Ago...

Two years ago today I made a decision that would forever change my life. I became a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. I had no idea what my heavenly father had in store for me, the only thing I was certain of was that he loved me and would guide me to where I needed to be. Now two years later I look back at all the great things in my life. I have a wonderful husband, an adorable little boy, great friends and family and a father in heaven who watches out for me. I know that without the gospel in my life I wouldn't have these things. I'm thankful everyday for the prayer my grandmother said with me over the phone over two years ago. The prayer that changed my life and started me out on a search for the truth. I'm thankful for a wonderful women who wouldn't take me saying no to going to church for an answer. And most especially I'm thankful for a recently returned missionary taking the time to share the things which mean so much to him and that he didn't give up on me. Now looking forward I'm excited to be able to share the gospel with my friends and family. For I know one day I will be sealed to my parents and we will live as an eternal family.

2 comments:

  1. Oh, you're making me cry. You should share this on Sunday, since it is fast. I'm so happy for the life that you and Zech have grown to enjoy everyday. It's a blessing, it truly is. He's a wonderful husband and daddy to that little boy. I was just thinking this morning about how Sunday would be fast and what I might be able to contribute to the ward. It's amazing the lives we live. One moment we might be struggling and then our hearts and minds are opened to remember we are truly the children of the Lord and will always be loved no matter what. This alone helps us be guided to straighten out our lives to live better, not only for ourselves but others around us. I remember the day I was baptized. I didn't feel anything "special" but that next Sunday, as the laying of the hands. It was amazing.... I remember Ray, Loyd and the Elders standing around me. I could feel their hands on my hair and I closed my eyes. It went completely silent, I can't remember a word Ray said. But I remember the feeling. It was if I was lifted off the chair, I could see everyone watching me in the sanctuary, but I was in the corner. A warm spirit came over me and encouraged me not to treat myself as the one being given a gift but to pray to the Lord at that very moment for all the brothers and sisters in that room. And that is exactly what I did. I prayed. When sacrament was done that day, the bishop came to me and hugged me. He thanked me and I wasn't sure why and I asked. He said it was because of the blessing I put upon him that day. How could he have known that?! I can only tell you of my experiences. I know the Church of Latter Day Saints is true and forever will be. I know that God gave us this life to be as great as his son, JC. I know Jesus Christ is our brother and friend. I know they LOVE ME!!! I know the spirit lives in me. I know I will be protected by their love forever and eternity.


    I try to remember when I pass someone I don't know; Smile and say hello, as it too could change their lives forever.



    I love you sister and so glad you found happiness. You deserve it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You seem like a lovely person. I am subscribing to your blog and will watch it for news :)

    Good luck!

    Julia

    ReplyDelete