Thursday, October 15

When to give up...

Seven years ago my family was told my grandma had 6 months to live and today as she lies on her death bed I can't help but wonder when is it time to give up? She has been fighting for so long to stay here on this earth but for what? So she wouldn't leave her companion alone. Last May my grandparents celebrated their 54th anniversary. Reflecting on my childhood memories I can't ever recall hearing either of them ever saying anything negative about the other. Though I didn't marry my high school sweetheart like my grandmother did, I hope that I can someday too celebrate 54 years of marriage to my best friend. And I hope that when people remember Zech and I that they only remember us sharing the good things about each other.

2 comments:

  1. awe this is so sweet! I love seeing my grandparents still in love! It i so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. great post, I hope everything turns out okay

    ReplyDelete