Sunday, January 4

My Testimony

Since I went to the temple for my endowment yesterday I felt as though I was obligated to bare my testimony in church. I personally only wanted to do it in RS however Zechary made me share in sacrament. And I say MADE ME. I'm not one that likes to talk in public, I am rather a one on one type of person. Sometimes I feel as though because I have not been a member for very long maybe my testimony isn't good enough and that people will make fun of me. However my fabulous mother-in-law asked if I would share this, so here you are Donna! Here is my testimony especially for you. Love you!

I want everyone to know I have a testimony of this Gospel. I know Jesus Christ lives and I know he atoned for our sins. I know my heavenly father loves me and knows me personally. I know he cares about me and I look forward to the day I can be with him again. After going through the temple yesterday I can know say, I have a testimony of the temple. Of the sweet yet strong spirit that is there. I know for certain that the temple is the house of the lord and the ordinances preformed there are God's true works. I have a testimony of the power of service. I often believe that I get more out of serving others then the people we are helping. I have personally experienced the blessings that come from visiting and home teaching. I have had the opportunity to experience changes in peoples lives because of it. I am thankful that Zech and I have had the chance to go out together and spend time with some of the inactive people in our ward. I'm so thankful for my husband and the great person and example that he is. I'm grateful that he pushes me to do things that I don't want to do. I"m thankful that we can be sealed in a few weeks and that we will get to be together with our family for eternity. I love the members of this church and the friendships I have made. I say these things in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.

4 comments:

  1. Congratulations Emiley! I loved going through the temple for the first time, it's such a special experience. We're so happy for you and Zech!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Emiley great job! May you always feel that sweet but strong spirit, and when you feel it leaving you will be able to run back and catch it again, anytime.

    I'm going to send a copy of this to our Elder. Thanks, Love ya, Donna

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats to you. I didn't realize you were going to get your endowments this early. Now you both will be able to go, even before you are sealed. How cool. We are looking forward to your sealing. Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! I am grateful you shared. I have only been a member of the church for 7 years and i also sometimes felt as if my little testimony was not enough to share, but i think the more we share it the stronger it grows.
    Love to you.
    C

    ReplyDelete